November 2nd, 2016
I felt motivated to organise a cook-in event at Our Big Kitchen (OBK), so that my members could experience a feel-good "give something back" activity.The cook-in at OBK, exceeded all of my expectations in terms of a social and interactive activity. Everyone was smiling and sharing warm and friendly conversations, while working side-by-side chopping up ingredients and preparing meals. I think the most striking element of the cook-in was seeing the stack of meals packaged up and ready to send off. A most heart-warming feeling!
At the end of the cook-in, we gathered in a local coffee shop, buzzing and feeling great that our contribution would soon be reaching those less fortunate than ourselves.
I fully support the good work that Zulu and OBK do for Sydney's community, long may it continue. I hope to spread the word and get more good people involved. If you only get involved in one charitable activity this year, make sure its a cook-in with Zulu at OBK!!! - Neil Scott, 35+ Meetup group organiser
And from participants:
- Best Meetup ever!!! Loved it. Truly social, and the giving back is so rewarding. Thank you Sue and Neil - Miriam
- Thanks for a meaningful time together for a great reason!! See u again soon!! X - Jane
- An enjoyable morning spent with lovely company. Great to learn more about this fantastic charity. Thanks Sue & Neil for organising :) - Pru
- This was an awesome experience! - Colleen
- Wow, this was so much fun, so inclusive and so worthwhile. A gold medal M'Up. Super well done. :) – Alistair
- What a privilege it's been today...to prepare meals for those in need and to be amongst great people :-)) - Jenny
- Thanks for arranging this meetup Sue and Neil. It was a fantastic morning with an inspirational organisation - Avryl