“To associate with other like-minded people in small, purposeful groups is for the great majority of men and women
a source of profound psychological satisfaction.”
TEDTalks – my favourites!
- Dan Pallotta: The way we thing about Charity is dead wrong
- Brene Brown: The power of vulnerability- 2010
- Brene Brown: Listening to shame – 2012
- Alain de Botton: A kinder , gentler philosophy of success – 2009
- Alain de Botton: Atheism 2.0 – 2011
- Susan Cain: The power of introverts – 2012
- Elisabeth Gilbert: Your elusive creative genius – 2009
- Kathryn Schulz: Don’t regret regret – 2011
- Nigel Marsh: How to make work-life balance – 2011
- Benjamin Zander: The transformative power of classical music – 2008
- Jennifer 8 Lee: Hunting for General Tzo – 2008
Reading, websites, movies and blogs
A) Health and food
- Forks over knives – The idea of food as medicine is put to the test. Throughout the film, cameras follow “reality patients” who have chronic conditions from heart disease to diabetes. Doctors teach these patients how to adopt a whole foods plant-based diet as the primary approach to treat their ailments—while the challenges and triumphs of their journeys are revealed.
- Food Inc: Movie – Committed to covering the landscape of food, from important policy news about factory farming and the food industry, to lifestyle content that will help you make better choices when it comes to sustainable & ethical eating.
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto is a 2008 book by journalist and activist Michael Pollan
- Connected the film: In this funny, eye-opening, and inspiring film, Director Tiffany Shlain takes audiences on an exhilarating roller coaster ride to discover what it means to be connected in the 21st century.
- A thousand paths to Confidence – David Baird
- A thousand paths to Creativity – David Baird
- Your business, your future by Linda Hailey
- The dip – The extraordinary benefits of knowing when to quit and when to stick by Seth Godin
- The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber
- Flying Solo – How to go it alone in Business by Robert Gerrish and Sam Leader
- Purple Cow – Transform your business by being remarkable by Seth Godin
- Meatball Sundae – How new Marketing is transforming the business world (and how to thrive in it) By Seth Godin