Get creative with your email address
Larger businesses often have to have these lengthy protocols because they have so many employees to differentiate – but we don’t have to being small businesses!
Here’s a few tips about getting a bit more creative and simplifying your email addresses.
GENERAL EMAIL ADDRESSES
Here are some of the popular general email addresses. There is NOTHING wrong with having these general email addresses – but in my opinion – they’re a bit boring, passive and BEIGE.
Depending on the type of business you operate or services you provide – you could make your email address a bit more descriptive and dynamic by having an email address like:
- wine@ ( for a liquor store)
- exercise@ ( for a gym or personal trainer
- create@ ( for a designer or artist)
- mortgages@ (for a mortgage broker)
- events@ (for event organiser)
- greathealth@ (for a healthcare business)
YOUR NAME IN YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Having your name in your email address is a great way to introduce yourself to people and get them used to you – the person@the business. Your name in your email will:
- indicate that you personally will receive your emails rather than it going to a general inquiry account.
- communicate that this is your personal and direct email received and read only by you and not lost in a system or read by an assistant
- be easier to remember and is best kept short and simple. If you can lose the (. )and the (-) in your address – it does make it easier for people to remember and get right! Here are some examples:
Simple and straight forward is the best – and easier to remember!
The above options are certainly better than ISP and freemail accounts like:
What do you think?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.