Ordering between: November 4 – 15 December for your Christmas delivery.
It’s a short campaign this year with less than 7 weeks to order your candles and gifts ( and counting down!) If you think “Ah…I have plenty of time..” well you may, but don’t leave it too late. Last orders will be taken on 15 December with the very last dispatch on 18 December.
LOVELY, GORGEOUS NEW THINGS!
As well as some of your favorites, I’ve introduced some newbies to the range! This year I have introduced:
- A new flavour – Gardenia! It has already been popular with all of my lucky testers receiving samples – and loving that fresh, floral scent so much, I added it for everyone to enjoy!
- HOT Pink now joins the popular mosaic familyand it’s as pretty as can be. It’s bound to be a hit with the pink lovers.
- El Grande is the biggie of the range – an elegant large jar with a lid for those who like their candles, well, BIG! It has an estimated burn time of 85 hrs.
- And most excitingly -the Zulu community bag is here! I customised what is a monk’s bag and had them custom made in Cambodia. It comes in red or orange, with a donation to communities included! This will be free for you if your order is over $150
- Here is the Candles for Community 2014 -2015 flyer that you can send to friends, family and colleagues. Your support in getting the word out there is so appreciated!
Give gifts that give back!
Each candle and card contains a donation component, which I donate at the end of the campaign to my chosen communities. The donation ranges from $2 – $6.50, and some items I have made the donation exclusive to a cause.
ACCIDENTAL AID WORKER – the story about Zulu’s Community over the last 10 years.
Since 2005, I’ve been working voluntarily to develop creative opportunities and campaigns that engage and inspire others to take action to help people in need. Candles for Community has been one of the most loved and enduring campaigns that helps me to raise awareness and funds to support communities in Sri Lanka, Cambodia, and organisations that support refugees and vulnerable communities in Australia.
I’m currently writing and self-publishing my memoir called Accidental aid worker, which is a journey through my adventures and experiences working with quirky individuals in far flung places who have devoted their lives to supporting people in their communities. Part of the profits from this years’ Candles for Community will help to fund the publication of this work, which also guide people with similar desires to craft their own campaigns and community ventures. You can read about this project by visiting www.accidentalaidworker.com.au
I’ll be writing more about Sri Lanka in the coming weeks – and also about Bruno’s Community . I’ll be in Sri Lanka late January – so hope to spend our donation dollars in communities while I’m there doing final research on my book with Bruno. You will certainly find out more about that – when my book is launched in late June (that’s the plan) with my very own Geraldine Cox by my side!
Dedicated to Sunrise – the Sunrise Collection!
There is a collection of gifts dedicated to SUNRISE and all funds raised from these items as stated will be donated.
It includes the GODDESS candle(dedicated to Geraldine), Sunrise kids cards and the orange Zulu Community bag – where the donation from those goods is dedicated to helping the kids. Have a look at the For Sunrise and Geraldine collection here!
DO I HAVE A FUNDRAISING FIGURE IN MIND?
The short answer is no – I don’t have a big audacious figure to shoot for. I just want to see how we go. I say WE – because it’s up to how well we do in selling, making and providing your gifts for Christmas, as to how much moolah I can give to my communities.
SO, if you love my candles, cards, gifts, flavors, creativity and efforts to build and support community, PLEASE order your gifts from Candles for Community, and tell all your friends, family and colleagues about us.
Everybody wins here.
Thanks for your support,
and enjoy your candles and gifts.