I have packed up the candle workshop – Candles for Community is now closed. 2016 was our FINAL CHRISTMAS – OUR LAST FESTIVE SEASON Read more here
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS. Funds raised from Candles for Community and Accidental Aid Worker were contributed to projects that help children and young people in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Cambodia.
Candles for Community – making candles and fundraising for communities since 2008 – 2016
Help people in need while you enjoy 100% soy candles with spice and soul
Candles for Community created in 2008 as a social responsibility project, to raise awareness and funds for communities supported by Zulu Communications. We are proud of our successes.
- 2008 – modest beginnings with $250 donated to Hand-up Congo
- 2009 – $500 donated to Hand-up Congo and $500 to Sunrise Children’s Villages
- 2010 – $300 to Sunrise Children’s Villages
- 2012 – New brand, new range and an online shop launched. $1,300 from candle sales combined with $6,500 from events donations, book and dvd sales, donations and sponsorships – a total of over $8,000* donated to Sunrise Children’s Villages.
- 2013 – $3,000 from candles combined with funds from events resulted in a total of $7,500* to be donated to Sunrise Children’s Villages
- 2014 – $2,500 from candles was share between Sri Lanka and Cambodia. $500 was donated to Bruno’s Community in Sri Lanka and $2,000 to Sunrise Children’s Villages.
* includes events, sponsorships and donations
Your candles were lovingly poured, wrapped and dispatched to you by Sue. You could select from an elegant range of quality glass jars, travel tins and tea lights. Choose from 7 delicious flavours and lovely gift wrapping – ready for gifting!